What is available for you on Worktrends.ca?
Our collection of resources will keep you informed on the current state of employment in various local industries and professions. The data, reports or visuals posted on the site will empower you to make informed career recommendations for individuals interested in contributing to the local economy, today or in the near future. The selected information on the site can empower you with knowledge regarding tools and virtual locations where the most current career and jobs’ information reside. Please explore the suggestions listed below.
Searching for local jobs?
Our extensive list of job posting boards can help facilitate the search process for local work opportunities: Virtual Job Posting Boards
Understanding the current local jobs’ offer: Quarterly Report of Job Postings in London Economic Region, Local Map of Available Job Postings
Local educational alternatives
A list of local educational institutions by category: Education and Training
Decision three driven tool to select among local opportunities: Learning for Life Tool!
Second career information: Second Careers
Local Labour Market Information
The following reports provide an in-depth look at the labour market in London, St. Thomas and Woodstock, and Ontario as a whole.
- Industry and Employment in the SCOR Region: October 2012
- Manufacturing in the London Economic Region: August 2013
- Core Competencies Action Plan: March 2013
- 2013 Labour Market Plan
- 2013 Labour Market Plan: Mid-Year Update
- 2014 Local Labour Market Plan
- 2015 Update of the Local Labour Market Plan
- Seismic Shift: Ontario's Changing Labour Market
- Growth in Number of Seniors
- Working Age Population
- National Household Survey Update for Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Elgin Economic Report Card for Women: 2014
- Internet Job Postings in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region: Q2 of 2018
- 20/20: Bringing Clarity to the Local Labour Market: February 2018
Please consult the Resources page of the website to discover other relevant labour market information.
Hiring Trends & Resources
Are you working with someone who is looking to hire? These resources highlight industry and region-specific employment trends.
- London & Area Resources
- Employment Service Agencies in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Ontario MTCU: Job Trends Forecast
- Business Networking Groups in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Ontario Skills Passport
- Local Outlook Reports
Industries to Explore
From hospitality and tourism to careers in agriculture, these resources offer information on local Industries.
- Hospitality & Tourism: Careers to Discover
- Working in the Green Economy
- Find Your Career in Agriculture
- The Information and Communication Technologies Sector Report: 2014
- Tourism Sector Report: September 2014
- The Health Care and Social Assistance Sector Report: March 2015
- 2016-2017 Local Employment Planning Council's Set of Industry Reports
- Local Industry Employment Information
- Local Industry Information - Local Economic Development Corporation Concierge
There is more to discover on the Resources page.
Links for Immigrants
The following resources can help newcomers to find gainful employment in Canada. Find links for mentorship opportunities, job matching networks, and popular geographic locations for settling down.
- Links & Resources for Immigrants
- Where Are Immigrants Residing Now?
- London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership
- Oxford Local Immigration Partnership
- St. Thomas-Elgin Local Immigration Partnership
Persons with Disabilities
Working with a job seeker or student with a disability? Both locally and province-wide, the following links will assist you in advising your student/client on how to enter the job market.
Labour Market Information Training
Employment Sector Council (ESC) now offers Labour Market Information (LMI): A Common Approach Training for our community’s employment and guidance counsellors in the use of labour market information (LMI) to better assist individuals in employment and career planning.
The key training outcome is a common, consistent, and high quality community-wide approach to recognizing and using good LMI with students and/or job seekers.
For more information on the LMI training, visit Contact-ESC.
Help Us Grow
Worktrends.ca is constantly growing and evolving as new resources surface and prove to be useful career counseling tools. If you come across a resource that we do not currently have listed, please contact us directly and we would be happy to add it to our list.