Do you work as a career counselor or educator?
Our collection of in-depth resources will keep you informed on current industry trends, and assist you in guiding your students and clients in their job search or career choices.
Make Informed Decisions
From regional labour market data to apprenticeship training programs, we can help you educate and advise your clients about their career opportunities.
Using the data provided below, help the individuals you support to make informed employment decisions.
Local Job Search Links
Discover local job opportunities to help guide your students or clients into choosing the best career path for their individual situation.
Training and Education
Training programs and Education available in Ontario.
For individuals who have recently completed, or are looking to obtain, an apprenticeship, the following resource will help them to succeed in their chosen career path.
- Apprenticeship Information
- Apprenticeship Toolbox
- Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
- Ontario College of Trades
Local Labour Market Information
The following reports provide an in-depth look at the labour market in London, St. Thomas and Woodstock, and Ontario as a whole.
- 2013 Labour Market Plan
- 2013 Labour Market Plan: Mid-Year Update
- 2014 Local Labour Market Plan
- 2015 Update of the Local Labour Market Plan
- Seismic Shift: Ontario's Changing Labour Market
- Demographics of London, Facts & Figures from the LEDC
- Growth in Number of Seniors
- Working Age Population
- National Household Survey Update for Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Elgin Economic Report Card for Women: 2014
- Industry & Employment Analysis in the SCOR Region: October 2012
- Internet Job Postings in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region: Q3 of 2017
- Manufacturing in the London Economic Region: August 2013
- Workplace Core Competencies Action Plan: March 2013
Please consult the Resources page of the website to discover other relevant labour market information.
Hiring Trends & Resources
Are you working with someone who is looking to hire? These resources highlight industry and region-specific employment trends.
- London & Area Resources
- Employment Service Agencies in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Electrical Trades & Telecommunication Occupations' Trends
- Ontario MTCU: Job Trends Forecast
- Business Networking Groups in Elgin, Middlesex & Oxford Region
- Ontario Skills Passport
Industries to Explore
From hospitality and tourism to careers in agriculture, these resources offer information on local Industries.
- Hospitality & Tourism: Careers to Discover
- Working in the Green Economy
- Find Your Career in Agriculture
Links for Immigrants
The following resources can help newcomers to find gainful employment in Canada. Find links for mentorship opportunities, job matching networks, and popular geographic locations for settling down.
Persons with Disabilities
Working with a job seeker or student with a disability? Both locally and province-wide, the following links will assist you in advising your student/client on how to enter the job market.
Labour Market Information Training
Employment Sector Council London-Middlesex (ESCLM) now offers Labour Market Information (LMI): A Common Approach Training for our community’s employment and guidance counsellors in the use of labour market information (LMI) to better assist individuals in employment and career planning.
The key training outcome is a common, consistent, and high quality community-wide approach to recognizing and using good LMI with students and/or job seekers.
For more information on the LMI training, visit http://220.127.116.11/
Help Us Grow
Worktrends.ca is constantly growing and evolving as new resources surface and prove to be useful career counseling tools. If you come across a resource that we do not currently have listed, please contact us directly and we would be happy to add it to our list.